Why do so many people complain about growing older?

In a couple more years, I will be 50, and I must say I am so much happier then I was when I was younger. Why is it that people complain about this? Is it losing your looks? Well ya, that's just what happens. I can't imagine so many people are that shallow. Is it not being able to do all the physical... show more In a couple more years, I will be 50, and I must say I am so much happier then I was when I was younger. Why is it that people complain about this?

Is it losing your looks? Well ya, that's just what happens. I can't imagine so many people are that shallow.

Is it not being able to do all the physical activities anymore? That's true, but that's not what life is all about.

Can someone please enlighten me, as to why so many people are ashamed of growing older? The worst are the people who are obviously bitter about it.

I hear people younger than me complaining because they just turned 40. I love growing older, I'm not sure why this natural process is despised by so many. I feel wiser and emotionally more balanced.