Is it better to work as a Dental Assistant before applying for Dental Hygiene school?

I think working as a Dental Assistant would be a good idea before applying for Dental Hygiene school. Because you’ll get the experience. And it’ll look good on your application. It might make a difference with you getting accepted or not. If one person applies but doesn’t have any dental experience. And you apply... show more I think working as a Dental Assistant would be a good idea before applying for Dental Hygiene school. Because you’ll get the experience. And it’ll look good on your application. It might make a difference with you getting accepted or not. If one person applies but doesn’t have any dental experience. And you apply and have previous experience. Chances are they would pick you over the other person.