Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

IS MAN BORN WICKED OR WAS A PRODUCT OF CORRUPTION?

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Best Answer

We Orthodox Christians believe we inherited *the tendency* to sin from Adam, not the sin itself.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 8 months ago

An infant is born sinless but not pure, thus when they get the opportunity the impurity gives birth to sin.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because of Adams betrayal of God in Eden, all his seed is born in his sinful flesh image. We then are all natural born sinners.

Psa 51:5 For I was born a sinner—

yes, and broken from the moment my mother conceived me.

God regenerates us spiritually one by one back into his spiritual image through his Son Jesus Christ.

Its called being born again - born from above in the original Greek (anothen gennao)

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jhn 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

If this spiritual rebirth never occurs in our lifetimes then we will die in Adams sinful flesh image. And then there is literally hell to pay.

• 8 months ago

We are what we are. Somebody, somewhere, at some time, has been doing something that is, or was, deemed wicked, ever since the concept of wickedness was first created. Before the concept was created, wickedness didn't exist. Our behaviors existed, but they weren't seen as wicked. The origins of the concept lies deep within our pre-human ancestral past. Our more complex, human ideas about wickedness are a product of our intelligence. Ironically, the reason the concept was originally created (I guess) was as a means to, identify, criticize, and condemn, behaviors that people wanted to discourage. The concept of wickedness was created as a means to discourage actions that were deemed wicked.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Man is created in God's Image and Likeness, so that = Goodness; therefore, wickedness a product of corruption.

• 8 months ago

Upbringing. Wicked are trained and/or product of events.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.