My male friend wants to have a baby with me, How do I explain that this is an insane idea?

Me and my friend are in our mid 20s. i am the only female friend he has. We have a strong friendship, He does have a crush on me too but he decided to stay friends as it's best. We did have sex a few times back when we were not in work and bored and we live next to each other, so it is a bit of a mess of what... show more Me and my friend are in our mid 20s. i am the only female friend he has. We have a strong friendship, He does have a crush on me too but he decided to stay friends as it's best. We did have sex a few times back when we were not in work and bored and we live next to each other, so it is a bit of a mess of what we are. We mutually decided that we stop the sex and just keep the friendship going. That's was all good for 3 months, until he said " I wanna have a family with you, I need something in my life to live for" I was pissed because that isn't fair to trap me into something I don't want because your life is boring. He isn't working and he doesn't go out the house, he has no friends really. I told him I'm not ready for kids, He seems to be deluded into thinking a baby will change his life. Yeah it will, but it can be for the better or worse. He says he needs something to give him motivation and drive to heal his depression in life. I explained to him that he needs to be logical realistic about things before asking people that kind of stuff. He clearly didn't think anything through. He thinks this because somebody who has a child told him "you need to get yourself a little family, it will change you" I told him I don't want that. He is still being persistent though. Help!!