Is this Dog Abuse?

Please read: I know it's probably dog abuse. But I don't know how severe. These girls from my school are spraying a hose with full power on their dog. My friend says it's not abuse, cause she didn't hit him. But really, a hose? I have video evidence of them so they can't deny it. but I'm... show more Please read: I know it's probably dog abuse. But I don't know how severe.

These girls from my school are spraying a hose with full power on their dog. My friend says it's not abuse, cause she didn't hit him. But really, a hose? I have video evidence of them so they can't deny it. but I'm not sure how to help the poor puppy. :( please dont be rude and say "its not my problem" because it is. I need that dog to be safe. They are my dogs littermate.
Update: also they dump water on their dog... throw it in the pool. I got their video from the social media page... they're absolute dummys if they thought no one would notice.
Update 2: it's a puppy. I think it could be a min-pin or a chihuahua...I have no idea. (I'm bad with breeds, I'm sorry.) and no, he does not seem like he enjoys it. He runs away as soon as they approach him with it and they are LAUGHING at the dog.
Update 3: also they hold on to it with a leash so it can't get very far. the dog is TRYING to get away.