Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

Why do people who know nothing about working out and fitness think they know everything about it?

You see the guys at the gym who are 100 lbs overweight or are 130 lbs who you try to give advice to even when you're in shape and it's obvious you have experience in the gym and they laugh at you and claim they know every diet secret, everything about sports nutrition, everything about exercise physiology, etc etc, yet you listen to them and they know absolutely nothing,saying how they get in shape taking vitamins and greens shakes and stuff and you look at them and like "ok dude...." as you stare at his 50 inch pot belly

• Chris
    Favorite Answer

Not sure what gym you go to but the only advice I have ever received at the gym was a few helpful tips on form while lifting weights. I suggest you zone out at the gym and worry about yourself. I would love to tell the obese people at the gym that they should be way more focused on cardio but that's their problem. They walk out of the gym without a drop a sweat consuming that 600+ calorie protein fruit shake that they didn't put the work in to require. Nothing like going to the gym and leaving with more calories consumed then you burned.

If you're giving unsolicited advice, then no wonder. Unless someone asks you for advice, they dont want your advice.

• Adam D

I have never once, in years of attending a gym, seen anyone give unsolicited advice about fitness.