Is it legal to tell your employee to clock out and go home because there was a “type-o” in the schedule?

I work in California, so I’m not sure what the labor laws are but I had conflict with an employer who basically said “oops, that was a mistake” after I had clocked in, and was told to come back later- even though it took me an hour and a half to get there during traffic. Later on he said that my schedule for one... show more I work in California, so I’m not sure what the labor laws are but I had conflict with an employer who basically said “oops, that was a mistake” after I had clocked in, and was told to come back later- even though it took me an hour and a half to get there during traffic.
Later on he said that my schedule for one of those days was also changed, but I wasn’t notified about it.

Is this legal and ethical?