Emmie Grace asked in PetsDogs · 9 months ago

why wont anyone buy our puppies?

my family and i have one male newfoundland and one female. they just had puppies about a month ago. although we've promoted on social media and stuff, no one will buy them. they're only 2000 dollars which is pretty good considering theyre 100 percent purebred. the parents are very pretty. why wont anyone buy them? any tips or adivce?

Update:

the picture is of the mom from a few months ago

Update 2:

stop saying theyre too expensive theyre a good price. theyre cheaper than most

Update 3:

guys i want actual advice stop telling me to lower the price thats not my choice and personally i dont think the price should be lowered

Attachment image

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

● "Why wont anyone buy our puppies?"

Not until we read the rest of your post can we guess, [Emmie]. My guesses will follow in suitable spots.

But you need to PLAN your questions so that you start with the essential INFORMATION but still have room for the QUESTION to be the last sentence in that first field.

● "my family and i have one male newfoundland

First problem: 😡There is no word "newfoundland".

Whether you meant the BREED or the PLACE, the word requires a capital letter. And so Yahoo red-lined your typing to tell you to CHECK your punctuation & spelling. But you ignored that. People who ignore a computer's assistance are demonstrating their own ignorance.

I, for one, won't buy from an ignorant breeder or manufacturer.

● "although we've promoted on social media"

Name the sites YOU regard as "social media" suitable for advertising.

Most actual social media sites have moderators who quickly remove advertisements and false claims, unless they are advertising the site's clients aka sponsors.

Last year Google was fined €4.3 billion (us$5 billion): https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/18/17580694/google...

(Y!A doesn't activate web-addresses for this ID, so you'll need to copy&paste them into your briowser's web-field.)

This January Google was fined €50 million (us$57million): https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2019/01/23/france...

This last WEEK (20 March) Google was fined €1.5 billion €uros (us$1.7 billion):

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/20/business/google...

Fines like those make most companies get VERY cautious!

● "and stuff,"

WHAT "stuff"?

If you mean my country's "Stuff" publications, note the punctuation.

● "they're only 2000 dollars which is pretty good considering theyre 100 percent purebred."

"Purebred"? What does that mean to you?

😡To me, it is a BAD word used by con-artists to mean "We think it looks like that breed but we have no proof as to who the ancestors were."

I require PROOFS that both parents, and their 4 parents, and their 8 parents, and their 16 parents, and their 32 parents, and so on back to the foundation of the breed, were REGISTERED with the one OFFICIAL kennel club of that ancestor's nation as a "Thatbreed". In traditional breeds, the records before the kennel clubs formed were purely in the mind of the farmer or hunter who produced a particular litter, and the MENTAL traits were far more important than the "looks" aka PHYSICAL traits.

I'm also aware that few kennel clubs have even yet BEGUN to check whether the parents on a registration form are ACTUALLY the parents.

Apart from imports from the other side of the world, $2000 is more than I've ever paid.

Please copy & paste the next web-addresses to your browser's web-address line:

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dog.html?id=132502...

Bea cost me nz$900 (us$620). Her sister went on to become a Grand Champion.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_do...

Randa would have cost me nz$1500 (us$1030) had the breeder not decided to keep her herself.

✔️Note that in both pedigrees ALL the GSDs have a registration number from an internationally accepted organisation.

✔️Note how many of them are a Ch(ampion) or Ex(cellent) or V (= Excellent in German) or VA (=Excellent Select).

✔️Note how they ALL have at least a hip certificate.

✔️Note how many have 'letters' after their name, standing for a variety of character and/or training qualifications.

Those pedigrees don't show the 2-or-3-page Guarantee & Agreement that Bea came with, and that Randa would have come with - they are usually a matter of mutual agreement.

So....

❓ What kennel club are your bỉtch and your dog registered with? (= 14 registered Newfoundlands)

❓ How many champions are in your litter's 3-generation pedigree?

❓ Do all 14 names in the litter's pedigree have hip Pass certificates? (If you're a Yank, they could be from OFA or from PennHIP). What else do they have? NOTE: 🌎"The Newfoundland Club of America considers it necessary to test all breeding stock for hips, elbows, heart and cystinuria clearances. The NCA also strongly recommends testing, where indicated, thyroid, eyes and patellas."

❓ How many have 'letters' after their name - such as CGC for sane character, and others for various training skills?

❓ What aspects does your printed Guarantee for each pup cover? And for how many years?

● "the parents are very pretty."

😡Where in the breed's International Standard

www.fci.be/Nomenclature/Standards/050g02-en.pdf

is "pretty" mentioned? The REQUIREMENTS of the breed are suitability for hauling loads, and the coat & strength to rescue people in frigid waters.

● "why wont anyone buy them? any tips or adivce?"

Probably because your advertisements don't include ANY of the information that I have placed a ✔️ or ❓ in front of, don't SHOW the litter's pedigree with the details available on Bea's and Randa's pedigrees. And definitely because you have not done any research into what "the market" for Newfoundlands expects to pay for pups with as few or as many of those ✔️ aspects as your litters. Also because Newfoundlands are a MINORITY breed, unpopular because of the room they take up and the amount of food they eat.

Sadly, the 3 updates provided no actual INFORMATION, either.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

😛 To discuss a breed, type the breed-name into the top field of

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/dir

then choose a couple of groups to Join - use the group's

Message History

on its /info page to make sure that it still has members who are ACTIVE. Then send an e-mail about yourself to the Subscribe address on that page.

The people in them KNOW about that breed. Plus you can include several actual photos in your posts.

😛 Also join

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/The_GSD_Source...

so that you can easily look up all sorts of information about dogs, especially GSDs. It is an "encyclopaedia" group (to which members can ask for new sources to be added), not a discussion group.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950; GSD breeder & trainer as of 1968

• 9 months ago

I don't know of anyone in their right mind that would pay 2k for a dog?

• Aged Kiwi
      Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

"publicity" was seen. Or, like me, they don't want a Toy dog, let alone a crossbreed.

So far as the "average costs" are concerned: Lord knows where you got THAT figure from! I don't, and am not interested in being told. It has nothing to do with my point.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

smaller dogs are popular. Don't try and make money from your dogs. Just love them.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Good luck raising a litter of huge dogs because nobody will be buying them for $2,000. Sorry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Too expensive. They go for around 1k where I am from

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

They don't want to spend the money. The pic is of a puppy, and if it was taken only a few months ago, it can't possibly be the mother.

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Um yeah Newfoundland's don't come from tiny poodle mixes!!!!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Have they been trained to have sex with humans? If so I'll buy.

• 9 months agoReport

The law doesn't recognize humans and cats equally, silly.

• 9 months ago

Because you're a lying Troll. I doubt you've ever even seen a Newfoundland and you certainly can't afford ONE much less two.

FYI the price you can sell full breed puppies for is based on PEDIGREE. If you weren't lying and had AKC registered Newfies - so what? No way in hell they're show quality dogs that have shown to at least Champion and have tested hips.

edit: I answered from the main screen so only now seeing "your" photo. OMG you're such an idiot LOL! That picture you lifted off the internet isn't a Newfie. It's a "Shihpoo" - a mutt mix of Shih Tzu and Poodle! LOL!! Newfies never have limbs that tiny or scruffy faces. So funny!!!!

And that's the "mom from a few months ago"? Really? A Newfie old enough to breed is going to be at LEAST 100 pounds you freaking MORON! LOL

• ZotsRule
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

King - not my fault support is slacking. Awww did you take this 10 year old troll under your chubby wing?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Is this the puppy you claim you kick regularly?

No one is interested in a backyard breeder's puppies no matter which of your several user names you are currently using.

• Karen
      Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

She's been reported before. The last time the Police spoke with both her parents (you may recall that they are both RNs) AND the pastor at her Church. Yes, Ontario doesn't fool around when a child is posting dangerous info and threats.

• 9 months ago

Because 2 grand is the price one pays for Ch titled parents that are health tested.

All you have to say is that they are purebred and the parents are "very pretty"... You have $500 puppies

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.