Trying to install windows 98 SE onto a 80gb IDE HDD but it’s showing 500MB as the maximum capacity.?

Hello! So I had windows 98 SE installed onto a 40gb IDE HDD. When I was looking at the hard drive I realised that the partition was only 2gb so, I tried disk and reinstalled windows. Then it went up to 8gb. Better but nowhere near perfect. After formatting it again the HDD decided to die. So luckily I found another... show more Hello! So I had windows 98 SE installed onto a 40gb IDE HDD. When I was looking at the hard drive I realised that the partition was only 2gb so, I tried disk and reinstalled windows. Then it went up to 8gb. Better but nowhere near perfect. After formatting it again the HDD decided to die. So luckily I found another IDE hard drive but this one is 80gb. I so I installed it and started setup. It all went well installed drivers then checked the disk... 500mb free... At this point I practically gave up. I checked the BIOS but couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary (but I could have missed something) and tried running FDISK again (by the Windows 98 boot floppy), deleted the partition and started to create a new one but, it said that the drive was ONLY a 500mb drive. As I said it’s 60gb. I’m at a loss on what to do as I haven’t really worked with Windows 98 in many years. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks for reading!!

Chris :)
Update: Sorry at one point I put 60gb not 80gb. That was a mistake.