What killed my friends puppy?

So the other night I went to my buddies house to smoke. After a few joints his girlfriend said their dog looked sick. I thought nothing of it and kept playing red dead 2 while they investigated. After a while I got concerned as they was in there for a while. I looked and this dog looked sick. He looked like he was... show more So the other night I went to my buddies house to smoke. After a few joints his girlfriend said their dog looked sick. I thought nothing of it and kept playing red dead 2 while they investigated. After a while I got concerned as they was in there for a while. I looked and this dog looked sick. He looked like he was either trying to throw up or was choking or something. My buddy tried dislodging whatever could've been in its throat but found nothing. They said it had yellow "gelatin" **** and it drooled a lot. It had white gums and looked really fatigued. It wasn't eating or drinking. If it wasn't being held it was sitting straight up with really bad labored breathing. They got it like 10 days before from their buddy who has multiple dogs at his house. This puppy was not vaccinated in any way. I'm wondering if this dog had rabies or some crazy stuff. I have dogs at my house and I wouldnt want to track back diseases for then to suffer the same fate. But this puppy displayed physical symptoms and died within like 12 hours. What could kill a puppy so quick. I just cant get over it I've never seen anything like it. Please inquire. Also I cant get a necropsy done cuz my friend had the bright idea of burying it. It could walk but it seemed to have trouble. It had a horrible time breathing. Little bit of salivation, white gums, yellowish gelatin like ****. Not like diarrhea either. And appeared to cough or choke or whatever. What caused this?
5 answers 5