How long do heart palpitations usually last?

I ve been consuming high volumes of caffeine regularly for a few years now. About a week ago, I had taken my usual amount of caffeine, and had taken some benadryl to go to sleep that night. I woke up with insane heart palpitations that night that persisted for quite some time. I ve had a general feeling of... show more I ve been consuming high volumes of caffeine regularly for a few years now. About a week ago, I had taken my usual amount of caffeine, and had taken some benadryl to go to sleep that night. I woke up with insane heart palpitations that night that persisted for quite some time. I ve had a general feeling of uneasyness since, and if I consume ANY caffeine now, they come back. Even a cup of coffee will make me feel weird. I d like to return to my normal lifestyle, as I haven t had these problems until now, but I m wondering how long it ll be before I m back to normal. I m also a regular user of Nicotine products, Alcohol, and Cannabis. These things don t cause the palpitations as much as the caffeine, but they still make me feel really weird now, and they haven t up until that night.
3 answers 3