Why older generation hate this generation when they're the rude ones?

I'm 18 years old and when I used to work at a restaurant as a waiter as part time job after school, the people my age were nice and they would say "thanks" "please" and talk in manners while older people who have no patience waiting for their food, they would treat me with respect, they... show more I'm 18 years old and when I used to work at a restaurant as a waiter as part time job after school, the people my age were nice and they would say "thanks" "please" and talk in manners while older people who have no patience waiting for their food, they would treat me with respect, they don't respect the fact that I'm human with feeling. Also I noticed on the streets, young people would give some money to the homeless while older people ignore them. You say this generation messed up? No it's your generation that was messed up, our is much better, there is few bad ones only.