Can my boss just fire me like this?

so I work at a pawn shop with my boss and other coworker. just the 3 of us. This past week, my boss missed work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday because of a "headache"... the store wasn't open because he didn't "feel comfertable having someone else run his store for him".... show more so I work at a pawn shop with my boss and other coworker. just the 3 of us. This past week, my boss missed work on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday because of a "headache"... the store wasn't open because he didn't "feel comfertable having someone else run his store for him". About a month ago, I scheduled to have this Saturday (March 23rd) off for my God sons baptism... My boss called me up to tell me I HAD to be at work on Saturday because we're so behind... it's not my fault you missed 4 days of work for a headache!! Why should I miss my God sons baptism to be there for work?? I scheduled off a month ago! Now he's saying that if I'm not at work on s aturday, he's firing me.. is this right? Any advice? I've worked there for 7 months and this is only my 2nd time requesting off!
35 answers 35