Try to make this short, will a generic windows 10 that I will buy work on a pc like Lenova? I am planning on getting a new hard drive.?

Update: I edit question earlier but I guess did not show up, I am not 100% my drive is bad, The problem is I cannot get into my system it starts up but does not get into the OS and when I try recovery option it does not work. I contact Lenova to get recovery disk because I have no clue where the original one but I always... show more I edit question earlier but I guess did not show up, I am not 100% my drive is bad, The problem is I cannot get into my system it starts up but does not get into the OS and when I try recovery option it does not work. I contact Lenova to get recovery disk because I have no clue where the original one but I always in the past used the console recovery install on my computer. I got the disk and have it boot up to the CD and it goes into recovery but an error message keep coming up
Update 2: This is part 2 update, the error message is something about no PBR , anyway I google this error message and few people had this issue with Lenova and one person said he installed window 10 and the problem was solved. in short I cannot clone this drive since I cannot get into to it, I did order a diagnostic cd to... show more This is part 2 update, the error message is something about no PBR , anyway I google this error message and few people had this issue with Lenova and one person said he installed window 10 and the problem was solved. in short I cannot clone this drive since I cannot get into to it, I did order a diagnostic cd to see if I can format the drive and perhaps deletes the partition or try some other tools to see perhaps if their is a boot virus etc.
Update 3: I used to work on PC 15 years ago so I am familiar with some of these feature even though I have not used any of them in quite awhile and in my day windows 98 and xp was still popular, lol. back to my original question, my recovery disk I got from Lenova should work but just in case it does not, my question is... show more I used to work on PC 15 years ago so I am familiar with some of these feature even though I have not used any of them in quite awhile and in my day windows 98 and xp was still popular, lol. back to my original question, my recovery disk I got from Lenova should work but just in case it does not, my question is would a generic bought brand work on a proprietory machine like the one I have. I guess I should actually get windows 8 since this is the one my computer recovery comes with
Update 4: generic windows 8 or 10 and I cannot get into the command prompt nor does the machine goes in safe mode. Figure these might be some question that might be asked