How do I get my stubborn grandpa to let me help with cooking?

I hang out with him at his house and he always cooks things in weird and/or unhealthy ways. Like, if he makes steak, he’ll pan fry it in like 1-2 inches of oil, which is gross. Or if he makes spaghetti, he’ll boil the water, put the pasta in, then shut the stove off and only turn it back on when the water stops... show more I hang out with him at his house and he always cooks things in weird and/or unhealthy ways. Like, if he makes steak, he’ll pan fry it in like 1-2 inches of oil, which is gross. Or if he makes spaghetti, he’ll boil the water, put the pasta in, then shut the stove off and only turn it back on when the water stops boiling, which is crazy. And just the other day he made crepes, kept the pan on high the whole time so the crepes burned really quickly, and coated the pan with so much cooking spray the crepes ended up deep frying and turned out like fried dough. What can I do here? He refuses to let me help him cook or listen to me tell him the proper way to do it.