Can Doctor Who be a hobby?

I'm not sure because I've spent so many years being a fan and have actually spent so much time and money accumulating the collection of DVDs and merchandise. I like the older Doctor Who (1963-1989), especially the William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and especially my own favourite Tom... show more I'm not sure because I've spent so many years being a fan and have actually spent so much time and money accumulating the collection of DVDs and merchandise.

I like the older Doctor Who (1963-1989), especially the William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and especially my own favourite Tom Baker.

Many more episodes were made in the older TV show, and every 4 or 6 episodes, were combined together to make a story, so it is basically 4 part story, that's how the DVDs of the show were released.

There are over 100 DVDs of the classic Doctor Who, not really a fan of the new Doctor Who show though

I don't just collect the DVDs, I have been to several conventions and met members of the surviving cast and crew, the best was when I met Tom Baker, I was thrilled, he was the best Doctor for me.

I even have a Tom Baker Dr Who action figure on my desk at work.

Luckily I am married to a woman who shares my interest in the old show, though one thing we differ on is favourite Doctor, she herself loves Patrick Troughton and is sad she would never meet him, he actually died the year of her birth in 1987.