Is it wrong to live simple and responsibility free at my age?

I’m turning 21 this week, and I am behind my peers in terms of life accomplishments. I have no job, I am pursuing college online this summer, but in terms of goals they are very slim at the current moment. I have had a rough childhood, dealing with molestation and abuse, I never got to live the childhood I wanted, and now that I’m older, I have found myself just simply living and breathing with no obligations. I live with my grandmother, and play video games with my friends and boyfriend (gay youth was also a troubling topic), and it just genuinely makes me happy. Am I wrong for wanting to live this way for a while? Am I wasting my time?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

No, it is NOT wrong, BUT your grandmother is NOT going to live for er. Cherish the security you have now AND appreciate the simple things. When your grandmother dies, You can NEVER go back to that security again. If you inherit her house, you are going to find out how expensive it is to maintain a house

• April
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

If your grandma doesn't mind and you don't mind, I guess it is what it is. Some households are less strict than others.

However, it rarely benefits to wait. If your grandma wasn't around, what would you do? Do some self analysis and get proper job training. By the time you get a certain age you should be making enough money to live either independently or with a spouse.

• 9 months ago

No.

• Linda
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

WAKE UP! Go to, at least, a Community College to learn a Trade, graduate, get a job and move out on your own. Remember, your grand mother is NOT going to live forever...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Not your time but you should work part time to help granny out. Even if she doesn’t say she needs the money I’m sure she’d appreciate the effort

• 9 months ago

You live responsibility free because your grandmother is enabling you to do that. But you aren't twelve years old anymore. You're an adult and need to be able to take care of yourself financially. You can and should find a job that will enable you to support yourself and your simple lifestyle.

• 9 months ago

I wouldn't say it's "wrong", but unless your grandmother is quite wealthy, your "responsibility-free" lifestyle is at the expense of another person. You're an extra mouth to feed, and extra bathroom to clean, extra clothes and dishes to wash, etc.

If you're not yet ready to enter the workforce to contribute to household expenses, then you should at least be pulling your weight at home. You could cook, clean, care for the yard, maintain the house and car, or whatever you can do to make yourself easy to live with, so your grandmother thinks you're a joy to have around, not a burden.

• 9 months ago

i will not make much comment other than ;live how you want.

• 9 months ago

There are no winners without losers ;)

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No iam 29 and live in a shelter for schizophenics

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.