I want to move to Philadelphia from NYC. What are some of the differences between these two cities?

I grew up in NYC and have a love hate relationship with it. I love the cool things that are constantly going on and appreciate the public transportation system(even though i complain about it every day). However,i am unable to afford living here on my own and this is what is driving me away. I looked into to Philly... show more I grew up in NYC and have a love hate relationship with it. I love the cool things that are constantly going on and appreciate the public transportation system(even though i complain about it every day). However,i am unable to afford living here on my own and this is what is driving me away. I looked into to Philly and saw that they similar to nyc. I want to know more differences between the two, or possibly get some tips on safe spots and neighborhoods to visit.