Alright, you pro Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warmers, what are you doing to save us from this calamity?

This question is asked of us who are in the realm of sanity many times.

So let us turn it around. What are you doing and what good is it doing?

You are taking $2 Trillion out of the world's economy and what do you have to show for it?

https://climatechangedispatch.com/funding-the-clim...

Anon: Funny you should mention Australia as the answer to the climate problems.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-05...

Its rates are sky high. And they have been having brown outs. They blame it on the grid but coal powered plants produced enough electricity with the same grid. Tsk! Tsk! And you think you are sane?

Diarrhea: "People like you need to stop denying the reality of science" Ha! Ha! You of all people. One of the many times you called me a liar, I rebutted. I made you face REALITY. What did you do? You erased my rebuttal. You can't handle the truth. That is a proven fact. You questioned my drawing attention to Al Gore's statement of 99% and I proved you wrong. When are you going to face reality? I have given you many great opportunities to prove your side SCIENTIFICALLY and you can't!

Joe: So you recycle. Is it doing any good? Latest findings that all that effort is doing nothing as far as saving the earth.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/125641-is-recyclin...

Anon; (Again) Re your statement: "Coal and gas account for about 85% of electricity generation. Coal plants are closing because they can no longer compete."

What is the matter with those Australians? Coal can compete everywhere else. Here in Kentucky we have the lowest energy rates thanks to our own coal. I find that hard to believe that the Australians are not bright enough to produce cheap electricity from coal. I find you hard to believe.

Anon (Cont.) "Australia's 66 million Hornsdale Power Reserve, made about $17 million during the first 6 months of operation." That is nice. I guess when you charge 5 times the going rate for energy you can make a profit. I think as a commie you would be appalled at the gross capitalism. In fact this goes beyond Capitalism and falls in the category of ROBBER BARONS! Of course a lot of that Australian money goes to the UN to the tune of $400 Billion a year since they signed on with Kyoto.

• JimZ
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

It isn't their 2 trillion except that amount of loot they managed to keep for themselves. I don't see any sign of lowered CO2 emissions. Today oil was way up on demand. Well we can always kill our economy in the name of the green gods but CO2 will continue to be emitted. I'm not that big of fan of fossil fuels but it is the best thing going so far by far. I suspect one day in the not so distant future we will have developed better energy sources but in the meantime, drill baby drill. We have a warm wonderful climate but it has been awfully chilly this year in California and it has been a wet one. I don't see any sign that we need to drop everything and let the federal government take over the oil industry as they have nearly managed to do with health care and banking. What we really need is less government grabbing of power and money and more innovation and prosperity.

• Sagebrush
      1 year agoReport

Isn't it funny how none of these low IQ people can tell us what they are doing to 'save the world' but someone asked you that same question on another question?

• zipper
    1 year ago

Trying to Educate people world wide of the problem and what can be done about it. In you case we failed!

1 year ago

No sane person is pro Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming. You yourself have defined "Catastrophic" as a single death, which will almost certainly have happened already (butterfly effect)

I am a libertarian socialist and have not voted in decades because every candidate has been too far to the right for my liking or an idiot. That might change in the next election. I am for single payer health care because it is more efficient AND has better outcomes. I support a living minimum wage and while I do like the free market in things like manufacturing and farming, I have a problem with big businesses turning into (global) monopolies.

I am for passing and enforcing laws that ensure that manufactures don't dump their waste it into the environment and compete on an even footing. And I would likely vote for a politician that supports removing all subsidies to big oil.

As for your claim of taking $2 Trillion out of the world's economy, that is just nonsense. China is the world's leading country in electricity production from renewable energy sources, with over double the generation of the second-ranking country, the US. And China's growth in GDP is double that of the US.

Solar and wind are now on par with natural gas, Australia's 66 million Hornsdale Power Reserve, made about $17 million during the first 6 months of operation. And here is the good thing about capitalism, we are beginning to see fossil fuel plants adding battery capacity.

EDIT:

Coal and gas account for about 85% of electricity generation. Coal plants are closing because they can no longer compete.

• Dirac
    1 year ago

People like you need to stop denying the reality of science and then we can have a broad-based discussion on the best way to address it as a society.

Your idea that addressing climate change is taking 2 trillion dollars out of the world economy is amusing--just where is this 2 trillion going, Mars?

• 1 year ago

I have set up a sanctuary for old, abandoned or unwanted Lava Lamps. With care and time these eventually recover, at which point their Lava can be removed and returned to the wild. It's not much I know, but with volcanos going extinct at an alarming rate I feel that even if I can just save at least one volcano from extinction then I will have done my part to save the planet.

• 1 year ago

Sagebrush among those who is in the realm of sanity?

LMFAO!!!!

• sam
    1 year ago

fake arcticle

• 1 year ago

I recycle