Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 9 months ago

How can I ask my mom for a bra?

I think it’s time for me to wear a bra. My mom thinks I’m too young and not developed enough. She says she won’t get me a bra until she sees some bouncing but my nipples have become more noticeable and boys in school are teasing me about it. Pretty much everyone else in my class has a bra already and I just feel so behind. I think my boobs would be more comfortable with a bra. What should I do?

Favorite Answer

If your mom is not willing to buy the bra, buy one yourself with your pocket money because if you have a bust and asking on here, you are probably old enough to go to the store by yourself?

For nipple teasing, it has nothing to do with your size, it happen regardless whether you are -A or G+ cup. A cropped tank, Bandeau, nipple pasties or sport bra can help, so does wearing something warmer or looser. If you don't have funds, perhaps you should try one of these methods instead?

Also, you should wear a bra if YOU are comfortable or want to wear one, not because you're classmate are wearing one. Not everyone wear a bra because of the stage the bust is developed. It's very individual.

I'm D so I need to wear one for health reasons (I.e my back would kill me if I don't) but I do experience the nipple thing, but if I don't feel like wearing one, I would probably wear something underneath my shirt or something warmer! I'm sensitive to cold so I get the nipple stand a lot.

"Mom, can I have a bra?"

I have D cups now, but when I was younger, I had the same issue and didn't get a bra until much later. What I would do is that I'd buy tank tops with the built in sports bra and wear it under all my clothes, so that no one could see through my shirt. I used to buy from Justice (back in 2011), but I'm sure you can find some on Amazon or Target.

Just ask her to take you shopping. Your other choice is to not wear shirts or tops that are sheer. I think when you find out how totally uncomfortable they are, you may change your mind.

• Dr. D

Have you told your mom that the boys are teasing you about your nipples? Your nipples are showing through your clothes and they need to be in a bra.

Also, print the answers to your question and show them to your mom.

• y

Either you are not being honest with your mom about being teased and such, or your mom is an idiot. Ask a friends mom or ask a friend for one of theirs if you can't buy your own. A mom that would ignore her daughter being teased about such things, has issues.

Tell your mom about the nipples teasing. Surely she would understand that. Your mom shouldn't let you continue getting teased in this way. Sorry to say but you may have go against your mom's wishes, and get one that you would put on, at school. And take it off and hide it, So your mom does not know you have one.

A sports bra would be good

• kelvin

can you save your money and buy your own bra

first of all to help with the teasing you can wear loose shirts if you do im not sure how to fix that second when your moms in a good mood really have a kind of mother daughter talk about it tell her about all the concerns you have and about the teasing then hopefully her mother insticts will kick in :)

Just tell her you must wear it