Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 8 months ago

Why is cockfighting considered unethical?

When it is a sport and a lot of countries abroad practice it. Thoughts?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

cuz its gay

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

it is cruel.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

...Why would it be considered ethical or neutral, you're putting animals together to fight to the death...I mean duh? It's inhumane suffering...different than just taking the head off straight off...

• 8 months ago

ask the cocks!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

They should be loved, not fought.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Chickens were bred first for cockfighting and not for food,the truth istjere are too many people set on destroying thousands of years of culture just rebuild it in their evil image.

• p37ry
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Because two roosters will rarely fight like that. They have to be cajoled, tortured, prompted, prodded, and pushed to fight like that. When it is their last choice, they'll fight. So to answer your question thoughtfully, I'd suggest it is because they're literally making them do something they wouldn't naturally do that results in one of them dying so people can gamble.

• 8 months ago

becuz it hurts tha animals omg r u stupid...im 12 and even i kno better than u wow.....ur an idoit

• 8 months ago

The difference between that and MMA is that MMA fighters do it by choice (and get paid for it).

The cocks don't get to choose and are just being tortured by humans (by being forced to fight each other) for human entertainment.

• C
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Pirate, sweetie, animals hardly ever fight to the death in nature. One proves himself stronger, the other walks away, losing the right to mate with available females.

• 8 months ago

Cockfighting is unethical because of the pain it causes the participants. It's cruel to the cocks, and awfully gruesome to watch.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

And the birds can be PERMANENTLY injured (i.e., having their eyes pecked out).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.