Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 10 months ago

Can you hunt rabbits on vacant lots?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 5
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Where I live, hunting on any privately owned property without the landowner's permission is called trespassing and therefore illegal.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Another good hunter. I have to make a list of the best hunters on Yahoo!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

not if you don't have permission

• zipper
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

If the vacant lot is in city limits: NO WAY! In some states if it is out in the country it is legal in others it is not. You need to check your states game laws befor you do any thing.

• 10 months ago

yes, go outside and do it now

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • BBean
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

If it is vacant lot there are no rabbits or anything else...because it is vacant!

You can hunt for them if you please but be prepared for a fruitless venture. The lot will be vacant after you leave.

• 10 months ago

If you know nobody is going to complain about trespassing and if you use a weapon like a BB gun or a dart gun you're probably not going to get into any trouble. but if somebody happens to complain against you it's criminal trespass which is 5 years in prison. that would come under the heading of being on somebody's land to kill their livestock that's how the judge will see it if somebody complains about you or if a police officer happens to see you.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

No. The lot is not “vacant” it is usually owned by someone. When we used to live in a neighborhood ( the 3700 sq. ft house), there where 2 vacant lots by us that where all owned by a real estate company.

Source(s): With the acreage of my yard now, you could probably fit 4-5 more homes from my neighborhood in it. It’s 5 acres, but the homes were big. Some were well over 4000 square feet.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Where I live it's against the law.

We have no idea where you live because you're not smart enough to include important information in your question.

I'd be too embarrassed to use my user name if I asked a question as stupid as this one and would hide behind anonymous too.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Depends on the laws.

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

i don't know, i'm sure a lot depends on where these vacant lots are exactly, and maybe the method used. i'm sure there's lots of vacant lots where it wouldn't be legal to go blasting away at them with a shotgun like elmer fudd, that's for sure

trapping them might be more ok. depends what the laws are around there

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.