Why is the music today, so utter crap?

The Beatles, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Stones, Queen, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, The Clash

The list is massive, there's loads, a massive amount not even mentioned

Then, from the 1990s to present it's all gone, well...sex with the ex.

What went wrong?

Best Answer

You quit looking for it, dumbass Tis the internet era and your lame radio is long dead (thank god!). There is great music today if only you'd learn how to find it then we wouldn't have to listen to such utter BS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BClzBQmZZBc

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcGQNZG-nxM

Youtube thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFE-uCgJW4

Youtube thumbnail

• .8 months agoReport

All of em are crap

• John

Um.. because it follows the worthless **** from the past to a 't'?

What are you talking about?

Megan Nichole - Into The Fire.

Because times have changed and you hold biased opinions towards music. You prefer music from your younger days over music from the present day. Just like I prefer music from my younger days (90s to '12) over current music and your old music. To me the Beatles and Michael Jackson are annoying, Elvis Presley doesn't impress me, and operas also annoy the **** out of me. I do like old brass and big band jazz music and swing music for some reason though.

Your life is probably already more than half over, so quit yer bitchin and get over yourself. Baby boomers and older now irrelevant since you're all so old and can't do squat anymore. Artists don't need to make music for you anymore because they'd go through all of the effort to recreate music from the last only for you all to die off within 10 to 20 years.

60s 70s 80s and some 90s are the only good generation of music

Just the times, music is awful today

I agree although I don't consider BonJovi, Motley Crue, and The Clash on the same level as the others you named. My first concert was Zeppelin in 1973. It seems music tastes among young people change every 10 - 15 years. And in my opinion music changed for the worse after the advent of MTV. I still prefer to listen to an album/dvd or the radio instead watch a music video.

• Satan

They're not on the same level, but they are all excellent, original and talented. MTV shot itself in the foot, when they abandoned Music, which is a 1/3 of their initials

All the good acts went to modern blues, a genre that the labels don't support. On the flip side, people can use the internet to find their favorite acts while leaving the big labels behind.

In the days of the Beatles, stones, etc. it took skills and effort. Today with the synthesizers and other electronics music is to generic.

it's quite common for kids to like some 'music' that their parents don't like, we did it when we were kids.