How do you handle your dad disapproving your life decisions?

I’m a junior in high school right now. My parents are divorced so I live with my dad and stepmom while my mom lives in a different state. I am very close to my mom but with my dad its been hard to connect with him all my life. Anyways, since I’m close to graduating high school in the next year, hes been asking... show more I’m a junior in high school right now. My parents are divorced so I live with my dad and stepmom while my mom lives in a different state. I am very close to my mom but with my dad its been hard to connect with him all my life. Anyways, since I’m close to graduating high school in the next year, hes been asking about my future. I don’t want to go to college. I’ve been planning on going to a beauty school so I can do hair and stuff like that since its always been my passion. But my dad wasnt having that when I told him. He wants me to go to college and get a degree and said if I do hair I wont make any money and pretty much I’m just gonna fail in life if I don’t go to college. Its been breaking my heart so much that my own dad doesn’t approve. He still wont stop bringing it up and he just doesnt understand that college isnt for me. How do I ignore this and handle this pain?