Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical ยท 1 year ago

What eye color will my kids have?

So I have brown eyes, both of my parents have brown eyes, my parental grandpa had blue eyes, my other 3 grandparents had brown eyes, however, my great-grandfather (via my maternal grandmother) had blue eyes), & his wife's mother (my great-great grandmother) had green eyes), so since both my parents have blue & green eyes in their genes.

My girlfriend has hazel eyes, so do her parents & grandparents, so If we ever have kids, what eye color would they have?

1 year ago

my mum had brown eyes and my dad had green eyes. 5 of my siblings had green eyes and one had blue eyes a throwback to our grandfather..

• 1 year ago

Most likely that the eyes will be brown

• 1 year ago

Don't have kids with her until she is your wife. Don't choose a wife based on the eye color of your potential kids. Expression of recessive traits is a guessing game. All kind of surprising things could be in store for you.

• y
    1 year ago

Higher chance of brown but any listed are possible

1 year ago

I would say brown but itโ€™s possible to have any of those colors because you just never know how genes bounce around.

• 1 year ago

From the information you have given, it is possible and not rare for any of your children to have blue, brown, green or hazel eyes. The probability is higher that they will have brown eyes.

Each person carries two genes that determine eye color, receiving one from each parent. One is expressed and the other is not. The dominant gene is usually the one that is expressed. Brown is more dominant than green, green is dominant over blue.

The gene received from the parent may or may not be the one that was expressed in that parent.

----- ----- -----

What I said about dominance is the most probable outcome but eye color is not as simple as that. Blue eyes are not determined by a recessive allele at one gene. Instead, eye color is determined by variation at several different genes and the interactions between them, and this makes it possible (rarely) for two blue-eyed parents to have brown-eyed children.

1 year ago

Brown eyes are dominant so its like a 70/30 chance of them having brown eyes. My moms eyes are green and mines are brown.

• 1 year ago

Brown eyes are a dominant gene, so brown.

• Fuhr
    1 year ago

Purple.