Francis Lewis High School- Science Research Institute (Queens, NY)?

Hello all, I was accepted to the Science Research Institute program in Francis Lewis and wanted to know what it entails and what the school itself entails. All my cousins went to Forest Hills High School, and I wanted to make a change and go somewhere else, to revolutionize the high school choices in my family.... show more Hello all, I was accepted to the Science Research Institute program in Francis Lewis and wanted to know what it entails and what the school itself entails. All my cousins went to Forest Hills High School, and I wanted to make a change and go somewhere else, to revolutionize the high school choices in my family. Francis Lewis was confirmed a good school by all of my cousins, my parents (and their friends who’s kids went there), and a couple of my teachers. I placed it as my first choice, and got in. At first I was ecstatic, and extremely happy that I got into my first choice. Then I quickly realized that no one thought this was a good school b/c the next day everyone was asking who got in where. I answered with my school and everyone just looked at me with a straight face. I talked to my math teacher about this and he told me to not listen to others and that my program was great and to try it out. Can anyone from the program or in the school tell me about the school itself? Thank you so much
1 answer 1