promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Taj asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 year ago

Can off soy milk poison you?

Update:

I was drinking some soy milk, looked at the bestbefore date and it was yesterday. Lol will this make me sick?

Update 2:

my stomach is starting to hurt a little bit and im feeling gassy.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

No, nothing vegan can ever poison you which is why Vegans are so healthy !

• TBK
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

False.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

Yes deadly

• 1 year ago

YES YOU WILL GET THE POOPOO CACA

• It has too much estrogen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TBK
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

food that is "expired" is typically good for a few days up to a week after wards.

to me your symptoms seem psychosomatic

• 1 year ago

spoilage of any kind rarely makes anyone sick and generally just spoils the food.

Spoilage bacteria is different than food borne illness bacteria like listeria, salmonella, e coli, etc.

EDIT: what makes you think it was spoiled?? If it tasted good it wasn't spoiled at all. That date means nothing except before that date, the product will maybe taste fresher, thats all. the date has absolutely nothing to do with spoilage.

Let me ask you this: if the date was next week but the milk tasted sour and nasty, would you drink it anyway becuase of the date? Of course not. So why would you not drink it if it tastes good because of the date.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

best before and sell by are 2 different things...and if it was just the day before you should be fine....

• 1 year ago

No

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

No - best before (get it now) not "poison after" date. If you don't like the product after the best before date the manufacturer will not back up their product if you complain - it is likely good for a week or two after the best before date if it was refrigerated properly. You are making yourself sick about it with worrying for nothing and would know if it had gone off as the taste would be off - but not dangerous.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.