This a photo courtesy of NASA's live feed.?

Do you see the small white or gray thing slightly right above the Earth but slightly left of center? Can someone tell me what they think that might be?

Favorite Answer

I do see a gray blob slightly to the RIGHT of center.

To me, it looks like some condensation on or some imperfection in the camera lens or the window through which the photo was taken. Neither one of those is a telescope mirror, so the optical standards for the finished product would be significantly lower than the standard for a telescope mirror, and imperfections for both could be tolerated.

• red2queen

the reason I asked is because whatever it was moved. It came closer into focus then disappeared. I thought maybe it was part of a space station or possibly a satellite. But I'll go with camera issue. Thanks

The Moon lit up by Earthshine

Either that or the Bionic Barf bunnies in their Intergalactic Trash Trucks on a run

• Eric

Photoshopped nonsense

Looks like a lens flare...

while not visible on your post, I often follow that NASA feed, and from experience think it probably a reflection. Extremely rare for the feed to pick up anything else

You'll have to post a link to the full size photo. Whatever it is, it is not visible in the low res picture.

I can't see anything either.

.

.

• Nyx

Can't see it.

Picture is too small.

• KennyB

Methinks it is a reflection off the atmosphere - but the resolution is not great enough.

Photo is way too small to notice anything left of center.