Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

Should Hate Speech be illegal in the United States?

I know what most of you are saying. The 1st Amendment protects free speech!

"You have a right to hate speech, even though I disagree with you."

But as we have seen time and time again, hate speech festers and eventually turns into hateful actions (such as mass kills of specific persons their hate is directed towards)

Should Hate Speech really be protected by the 1st Amendment?

Should the DNC be outlawed as an Enemy of the State?

the Supreme Court for decades has said hate speech is constitutuonally protected

yes it should be

No and yes

Is saying I HATE YOU and I HATE YOUR POLITICS and I HATE ALL DEMOCRITS a hate speech... If so then AOC and many DEMOCRITS are top of the list of Hatting people.

but on the other hand... YES IT would actually KILL THEM DEMOCRITS from ever winning again at anything if it were ILLEGAL AND ACTUALLY BANNED...

Just think how little the Fake news could talk about if HATE Speech's etc. were banned... They would not be able to BASH TRUMP....

SUCH A SWEET IDEA... LETS BAN ALL HATE SPEECHES AND HATE NEWS...

Drinking alcohol leads to drunk driving and people get killed by drunk drivers so we should ban alcohol, right? Same principle applies. Just because a few people can't handle themselves doesn't mean we need to punish everyone. Besides that, who gets to decide what is "hate speech"? If a given word is considered "hate speech", is it that way for everyone or can N'egroes still say "*****r" while Caucasians can't?

• TheDrake8 months agoReport

no. But we should give anyone who gets DUI 5 years in jail and a lifetime suspension of license.

Just who gets to decide what is hate speech?

• Shawn8 months agoReport

Leftist sjws get to pick like they're doing now.

No. Sadly that violates freedom of speech. The only time freedom of speech is violated is when you threaten somebody. But hate speech has the right to exist and I don't think it should be illegal.

• AL8 months agoReport

SADLY?????MORE LIKE FORTUNATELY

• Nick

Everybody is free to have an opinion but prepare for the consequences of your actions.

well if it was, their would be a lot of liberals under arrest--

• 8 months agoReport

Their would be a lot on both sides but keep trusting"your" side if the government.