What is the name of this part on my Honda GX270 9hp generator engine? I cant find it on a diagram. It appears to be broken off.?

So my stepdad got a free 4000 watt generator from a guy that just left it outside. We are trying to get it running. Changed the oil, cleaned the carb, got a new recoil starter (pull rope assembly) because it was not working, put a new spark plug, put fresh gas into the tank, as soon as I put the fuel to on it... show more So my stepdad got a free 4000 watt generator from a guy that just left it outside. We are trying to get it running. Changed the oil, cleaned the carb, got a new recoil starter (pull rope assembly) because it was not working, put a new spark plug, put fresh gas into the tank, as soon as I put the fuel to on it just leaks from there. I cant find anything on the Honda website looking through the diagram. My classmate at Wake Tech Community College automotive program in Raleigh works at Pittsboro outdoor power equipment but he doesn't even know what it is. He asked me for the model number, which I gave to him but he said thats not it look on the valve cover. All it says on the valve cover is OHV. So thats another dead end. I went to Alvins Power Equipment off 401 by Wake Tech and they said they do not service or sell Honda engines. Was referred to Clay's power equipment in Raleigh, called them they said they would have to see it in person. Generator with the frame and gas tank is extremely heavy to put into the passenger seat of my car, not sure if it would even fit in there. The trunk isn't even an option either. I'm not sure what is supposed to go there. I went to Lowe's to just look for some kind of a pipe end cap, they had only 3/4 inch which wont go into it, and 1/2 which is too loose of a fit. No 5/8 end cap. Judging by how gas falls down when I put the fuel to on I'm thinking it must have been a chamber of some kind. Im not sure how I could just seal it off. What is it??
Update: Will not let me upload a photo it just says we are experiencing technical difficulties please try again later. Do not know what to do to get help. https://s.yimg.com/tr/i/19d52f0ed05644349dbcdbcbc6c80673_A.jpeg