Why did a bunch of the channels I'm subscribed to on YouTube get removed from my subscription list even though I'm still subscribed to them?

I noticed that I wasn't getting notifications from channels that I'm subscribed to so I checked to see what was going on. It turns out that they were removed from my subscription list. When I searched for the channels, though, it said I was still subscribed to them. When I tried to turn the bell icon on... show more I noticed that I wasn't getting notifications from channels that I'm subscribed to so I checked to see what was going on. It turns out that they were removed from my subscription list. When I searched for the channels, though, it said I was still subscribed to them. When I tried to turn the bell icon on and off I got an error message. When I unsubscribed and resubscribed to the channels they were restored to my subscription list and I started getting notifications from them again. I have a list of every channel on my subscription list saved on my phone so I went down the list unsubscribing and resubscribing to channels I didn't see on my subscription list anymore. Eventually it stopped letting me subscribe to channels since I guess I reached my limit on how many channels I can subscribe to in a day. The next day I went back in to start unsubscribing and resubscribing to channels again and found new channels had been removed from the subscription list that I wasn't getting notifications from. Why? Does it have something to do with how many channels I'm subscribed to? I don't know how many I'm subscribed to but I know it's a lot. Way too many to count. I thought that if I reached my limit YouTube would tell me instead of just taking channels off my subscription list yet not unsubscribing me from them.
1 answer 1