diana asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

If depression/anxiety is a chemical imbalance, then why do some people overcome it?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Just like someone else commented, you never overcome it. I have been diagnosed with severe depression and I’ve been suffering from anxiety for the past 3-4 years, and there are months when I feel great, but months later I start getting depression relapse. That’s how it is with a lot of people. But I don’t think you ever overcome it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

It's not always a chemical imbalance. It absolutely can be. It is for me, but with the medication they give me, I''m able to work through most of it. With others, they may just have some difficult things they need to process through in their lives before they can move on.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

cause they probably take nneds for it

• 10 months ago

You never overcome depression, you can only manage it, like diabetes II. From severe lasting four to six month to minor lasting an hour or so.

Source(s): Been suffering for 38 years.
    • Lib.rare.ian
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

I'm sorry you've been suffering for so long, but your answer isn't true for all patients diagnosed with depression.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

There are several different medical causes of depression, & one of these is a brain chemical imbalance ......

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

A little bit of crack cocaine can fix it don’t do too much or then it’ll overflow and you’ll lose it all again and go back to square one

• Lili
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Because the problem corrects itself or does so with the help of medication.

That happens with other medical disorders.

• 10 months ago

The balance can be manipulated/changed in many cases, by natural and/or chemical influences.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.