Dating a man with kids. Help!?

I am reaching out to ALL the women who dated a man w/ kids & asking why did YOU break up w/ him? I am having thoughts about if I should stay w/ the man that I am w/. We have been together for little over a year, he lives w/ me, has 3 kids, is recently unemployed, he does everything he can for his kids, his ex... show more I am reaching out to ALL the women who dated a man w/ kids & asking why did YOU break up w/ him?
I am having thoughts about if I should stay w/ the man that I am w/. We have been together for little over a year, he lives w/ me, has 3 kids, is recently unemployed, he does everything he can for his kids, his ex is going thru cancer so he is trying to be there to support her, & I feel like I am just there..
I'm not saying he doesn't do anything for me, but I feel like I shouldn't be around for this stage in his life. Him being there for his kids doesn't bother me, if he wasn't I wouldn't want to be with him. This built up stress & resentment is probably from him NEVER allowing his ex to handle things on her own. He does EVERYTHING for her & has ALWAYS done everything for her: Pay her car, her car insurance, her health insurance, her phone, changing her oil, changing her tires, etc. Now w/ her cancer it seems that I need to work more than 50+ hours a week to provide for ALL of them/me even tho she lives w/ her mom. I'm 25 going on 26, no kids, never been married, work a full time job, & not struggling but he just asked me to pay for more of OUR bills including her, his, his dad's, his son, and my phone bill. I feel like I am helping him take care of her by taking OUR commitment off his shoulders.
I have been vocal about how I feel and we end up fighting... he says I am asking for a lot while going through this time in his life &that he has made changes for me. What do I do?
Update: I don't mind a man's perspective. I just need some other perspectives so I can make my decision. Our lease isn't up until Oct in a place that HE chose so he can be close to his kids. The apartment is costly for just 1 person to maintain & he has been unemployed for 3 months. I've been paying for... show more I don't mind a man's perspective. I just need some other perspectives so I can make my decision. Our lease isn't up until Oct in a place that HE chose so he can be close to his kids. The apartment is costly for just 1 person to maintain & he has been unemployed for 3 months. I've been paying for our expenses for 5 months. We split the household chores, he will buy food for the apartment, & he tries to make me happy.. but everything is getting harder to do..
Update 2: I wrote a comment on why if anyone is curious, but I dumped him today. Thank you all for your words and advice and just everything. Thank you