Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

Do weight loss shakes work?

I need to lose weight, are meal replacement shakes safe? I’ve read if you don’t consume enough calories a day it won’t matter how much you workout if your body doesn’t have all the calories it needs you’ll stay were your at, is this true? I’m eating way less calories and working out 40 minutes a day and having no results

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Temporarily. They may work for a fast weight loss but are you going to have meal replacement shakes the rest of your life? Probably not. I'd say they are fine once or twice a week but once you stop a strict routine the weight will come back

• 9 months ago

Your diet is your way to get bigger or lose weight . Only purpose of shakes is to hand u your daily calories . Protain and carbs . Can u rely on them only ? Absolutely no . Real Meal is always better .

• 9 months ago

Yes it can work, I've seen a device that can lose weight by means of a shake

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

The answer is no. Those are meal replacement but you cannot replace all meals. /this liquid diet can screw up your electrolyte balance.Keep up with what you are doing without expecting immediate results.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

In the short term, yes, they can help with weight loss.

Shakes and other meal replacements work by strictly limiting the amount of calories one consumes in a single meal. If you supplement your shake with a bag of potato chips, you're not going to be losing weight.

• 9 months ago

They work but they only take off very few pounds

• 9 months ago

No. they taste like liquid a s s

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

they work super well on me :)

• 9 months ago

I would say no they do not. Nothing beats good old fashioned diet and exercise. What you need to do is start by eating fresh fruits veggies and lean meats. Cut out processed and sugary foods such as pizza and pasta. I will say though allow your self one day a week to indulge a bit but in moderation. it works! Also get active, take walks, go bike riding or find a gym. Last results take time.

• 9 months ago

Most weight loss shakes have lots of sugar. My wife has been drinking them and hasn't lost any weight either. Personally, I won't touch them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.