Isn't is sad, when a former representative in congress is so ignorant that they actually think this nation IS,?

or ever WAS designed to be a democracy? In fact the founders too great pains to severely limit the vote for those exact reasons, all hated democracy.

Update:

that is took, not too.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Yes

• rick
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's worse that the POTUS thinks this

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

I was thinking all the DNC candidates, especially the interview with Bento O'Rourke.

• John
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Put down the Fox News, and slowly walk away!

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Fox news is of no value to me, look at its programming, it is all anti-
      Christian and anti-American, I have no use for Fox at all as a patron of the president.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

That's a very superficial view. Like what an intellectually sloppy conservative high school teacher would tell his students. Democracy meant to the Framers of the Constitution (Washington, Madison, Mason, Hamilton, Gerry, Wilson, Yates, etc.- not Jefferson- he was not a delegate to the Convention) the idea that the common people should control the government. Of course wealthy farmers and slaveowners would object to that. So why do you oppose democracy. You don't want the right to vote. You want to let the government tax you and pass laws concerning you, but you don't want the opportunity to vote or be eligible to hold office. Because what...Jared and Ivanka and Donald and Mitch McConnell are our rightful aristocracy, and we should have no say in the country's affairs! That is plainly absurd. You must be the last absolute monarchist in North America.

• Lv 5
      9 months agoReport

Is nothing else i can say here. But its strange that you have an obsession with John Jay, who was one of the most reviled of the founders. Bye

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Would you please reference for me any REAL founder who agrees with you in both writings and life actions, not just a few words out of context, or time-line of history,. It is you and all the balance of DNC drones who has not idea or interest in what the founders really wanted or believed.

• 9 months ago

"founders too great pains"? Where did you learn English, kid?

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

abraXus, besides not being able to understand what updates mean, what else does your brain lack?

• 9 months ago

Here again we see someone trying to make a lie true by INSISTING on it.

'Democracy' and 'republic' mean just about the same thing. Rule by the people. I don't know where the stupid idea came from that we are a republic but NOT a democracy. I've been hearing it for decades now, and I'm guessing it came from some dumb Republican propagandist trying to discredit the Democratic party (whose name they can not even PRONOUNCE!).

Go away!

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Mr. Smartypants, such ignorance will gladly be debated with you in any open public forum, where you do not have your electronic devices, and google to answer the endless questions you have no idea the answers to.

• 9 months ago

This is a constitutional representative democracy, i.e., a constitutional republic.

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Eisbar: you find me any founder that ever said that.

• 9 months ago

A common definition of “democracy” is, “Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives” — we are that, too.

The United States is not a direct democracy, in the sense of a country in which laws (and other government decisions) are made predominantly by majority vote.

• rick
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

In a democracy we all vote on EVERYTHING!! In a republic, we vote for people to represent us in government. BIG difference!!!

• John W
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

It's sad that you misinterpret the founding fathers intent. What do you think of the people, by the people, and for the people means? Hint: it has nothing to do with the 1%

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Explain anywhere where I made a mistake on the founders, if you can use documentation that are factual, please do so.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.