Christians why does Satan take orders from God if he rebelled and continues to be God's enemy after being cast from heaven in the NT?

Compare the story of job with the New Testament where Satan is accused of being the enemy of God e.g. Jesus called the Pharisees "spawn of Satan". I mean if Satan wanted to take God's Throne and destroy God, >>>and failed <<< doesn't he realise it's futile and impossible?... show more Compare the story of job with the New Testament where Satan is accused of being the enemy of God e.g. Jesus called the Pharisees "spawn of Satan".

I mean if Satan wanted to take God's Throne and destroy God, >>>and failed <<< doesn't he realise it's futile and impossible?

What's stopping him now? What difference does it make now or a thousand years after being imprisoned in hell according to revelations?

If Satan is God's ememy it makes no logical sense why he would listen to God if he has free will as the New Testament says he does.

All are welcome to answer.
Update: If Satan is controlled by God and can be imprisoned I don't understand why he would dig his own grave or why he would be obedient at all.
6 answers 6