Are environmentalists,activists kind of full of sh**?

Because it goes against human nature. The fact we're inherently selfish. Is it possible for someone to be that caring? Anything radical is a red-flag. Maybe one's views change after becoming rich/famous but currently I only care about whats 5 feet in front of me. The present. Family, friends, strangers,... show more Because it goes against human nature. The fact we're inherently selfish.

Is it possible for someone to be that caring? Anything radical is a red-flag.

Maybe one's views change after becoming rich/famous but currently I only care about whats 5 feet in front of me. The present. Family, friends, strangers, my work. What I can control.

Curious after reading article on River Phoenix.

''Phoenix had always hated fame but considered its one potential benefit was that he could use it for good and change the world, talking urgently in every interview about vegetarianism and the environment. It is a template many have tried to copy, but none succeeded like Phoenix, because he believed in his ideals more intensely than most people believe in anything.

This was the boy who once ran out of a restaurant in tears because his girlfriend, the actor and activist Martha Plimpton, ordered seafood...'
0