Where to go on holiday in the Uk under 18, without an adult?

So me and my friends (6 of us altogether -3 boys, 3 girls) want to do a short uk holiday , about 3 nights, to celebrate finishing our GCSEs. We are thinking a caravan holiday but everywhere we look doesn’t allow 16 year olds without an adult. But a parent would drop us off and pick us up, and are comfortable with it. So basically do you know of anywhere that may allow us preferably in the south west (england)? Thanks

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

No idea

parents picking you up and dropping you off isn't the issue you face. Your problem is going to be finding a hotel / guest house / camp site / caravan park who is willing to book to a group of under-age teens - most places require you to be 18.

I suggest you Google for teenage adventure holidays or similar

• Tavy

Google Newquay, Cornwall. Full of young people in the summer on camp sites.

Camping or a Youth Hostel.

Nowhere allows groups of unaccompanied teenagers to stay, other than youth hostels

Youth hostels are not full of homeless people. They are many by the sea in Devon and Cornwall.

yha.org.uk

• Adam

I think Legoland allows minors. Just make sure you have plenty of money, kids.

Other than Youth Hostels (which are often filled with homeless people), you’re highly unlikely to find anywhere unless it’s as part of an adult supervised club or group.

Service providers face unacceptable liabilities for the safety and wellbeing of your group, but also face risks of damage and losses due to unacceptable behaviour. The second risk is probably a bit higher if it was a group of young adults agaed 18 or over, but at least they can leave credit card deposits and can also be sued for damages and losses far more easily.

About your only choice is to take your own tents and camping gear and stay in those, but in the UK even in summer they can be bitterly cold overnight.

• Robsteriark

Both YHAs where I live (Croydon) are stuffed to the gills with itinerant street drinkers. So is the one near to my dad in Oxford. As is the one near to my sister in Brighton. Also the one near my sister in law in Leicester. Need I continue?