Why does anyone need an automatic rifle?

47 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

To shoot in automatic gun shoots. Many cops, x-military and civilians like my self shoot in these events to keep our skills sharp just in case there is an invasion and the military needs back up. And these are semi-auto not full auto. Please know what you are crying about!

• 9 months ago

Suppressive fire.

• 9 months ago

I do not know why, but there are people in the pro-gun movement who still fear a total ban on private gun ownership even YEARS AFTER the Supreme Court's DC v Heller ruling.

• Richard
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

That's because the Heller ruling didn't outlaw Democrats.

• 9 months ago

they do not need an automatic rifle

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

I used to shoot competition full auto, my take is full auto is one of the most useless weapons there is.

Unless you are going into combat,,,PFFFT,,,just a waste of ammo.

Even combat, my choice would be semi auto or bolt repeater.

• Nick
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

They don't.

• 9 months ago

Why does anyone need a Rolex watch or diamond ring? Why does anyone need a fir coat, speed boat, ultralight plane or motorcycle? Why do you need a car that can go faster than 80 mph or can quarter mile in less than 18 seconds? Why does anyone need 140 channels on their TV? It is not a case of what people need. This is the USA. If you want something and can afford it who is the government to say they can not have it because they do not "need" it? No one needs an automatic rifle but if you want one you should be able to get one.

• Megumi
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

Rolex is enormously overrated. It is an entry level luxury watch that is not as well-made or as expensive as the genuine top brands, e.g. Patek Philippe, Vacheron Constantin, etc.

• anand
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Manual ones may be too cumbersome for them.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Because I WANT to defend my inalienable rights as an individual to protect myself and my family of injustice if it came about.

You got something better?

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

'automatic' rifles have been illegal for the general population in the U.S. since Big Al Capone ruled Chicago. Semi-Automatic ????

• Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

Full autos are restricted though, which is an "infringement" and it is past time to end the Hughes Amendment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.