Love. What to do?

So, I am 20 years old, a software developer in training. Very active in the online world. Play video games next to my work. But a few months ago I happen to meet this woman. Her name ill keep anon. But. The more I talked to her the more I got attached. She felt the same way. Sorta. She's a bit skeptical about... show more So, I am 20 years old, a software developer in training. Very active in the online world. Play video games next to my work.
But a few months ago I happen to meet this woman. Her name ill keep anon. But. The more I talked to her the more I got attached. She felt the same way. Sorta. She's a bit skeptical about long distance relationships and I think she find's it hard to swallow and accept sometimes. So we just stay friends. She lives in Sydney, Australia whilst I am in the United States. State of Mississippi. Everyday I feel constant dread and desperation to see her. I have a mentor who constantly tells me I'd probably never make it to her nor it will work out. Any word of advice or inspiration?