what elements in the periodic table are used in everyday life and where are they used?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

It takes a whole article to discuss this, I suggest:

• 8 months ago

You inhale oxygen and exhale co2

• 8 months ago

There are about 20-25 elements that are pretty much required for what we do in our modern existence. We (and pretty well all life and things made from once life) are C-H-O-N-S-P in essence. Common metals are Fe, Cu, Ni, Ti, Al, Zn, Au, Ag. Common alkali/alkali earth elements that appear all over the place in many different things we use include Na-K-Ca-Mg-Mn. Throw in the halides Cl, F, Br, and don't forget Si.

Add another 15-20 elements that are required for many things but are not the primary elements, things like perhaps Cr, Co, Li, Ne, Ar, Hg, U, Th.

Pretty well every element has a use that we humans have found for them. That darn computer in front of you probably has a good 40-50 necessary elements. they are not all primary components, but the secondary additives are required to make the things behave the way they do.

And I did not even mention rocks. Might as well write down the list of elements when you start talking rocks and minerals. Well, maybe we can ignore the inert gases (argon neon radon...).

• 8 months ago

Most are used depending on what you call "everyday life". See the reference.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Oxygen, silicon, aluminum, iron, calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, titanium, hydrogen, phosphorus, manganese, fluorine, barium, carbon, strontium, sulfur, chlorine, nickel, zinc, copper, ... The list goes on, for at least 84 elements.

I don't know what you might mean by "everyday life". Just about every element gets used by somebody every day, somewhere in the world. Maybe not astaine, because it is radioactive and decays in just 8.1 hours. But wait! Astaine is used for medical research; it has to be made on the spot from bismuth.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I will name one: OXYGEN.

you can figure out it's use.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.