Where ar the black ants coming from?

Yesterday I noticed tiny black ants in my kitchen. tiny little groups on floor. killed them. then noticed some one counter. thought i got them all but they are coming everywhere now in kitchen. mostly at night. I have lived in my apartment for 6 years and this is a first? The office has a guy come once in a while... show more Yesterday I noticed tiny black ants in my kitchen. tiny little groups on floor. killed them. then noticed some one counter. thought i got them all but they are coming everywhere now in kitchen.

mostly at night. I have lived in my apartment for 6 years and this is a first? The office has a guy come once in a while to spray the areas theyll likely nest.

now a couple of months ago I had to bring in a stone basket from the outside as it was a fire hazzard. Could they have come from that?
Update: I would call the appartment office but they were closed today so will call first thing. they probably will have their guy come