I’m 28. My Mom always looks at me in a bad way for listening to music because she says there is not much music or artists out now. Advice?

Leave home.

Introuduce her to spotify

It's a generation thing, she sees you and knows you are listening to music about which she has little or no kowledge of.

Same with me. I was born in 1941 and don't really have a clue about modern music - obviously I'm aware of it, but my mind is stuck on this. . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgdufzXvjqw

Youtube thumbnail

use earbuds

Listen to her music. Get to know it well.

Luckily, I had no choice. So am now connected to almost all American genres dating back to the 40s (grandparents time).

And your mom's right.

My favorite is 60s and 70s Soul/blues. Start there. Legendary Rock bands, Hip Hop artists and R&b groups were highly influenced by both.

• RockIt

There is great music in all decades of recorded music. 20s and 30s too. Rough recordings but thats part of the charm too. My least interest is the 40s, a ton of jazz from the 50s, an explosion of surf, british invasion, folk, psychedelic, r&b, pop, etc. from 60s on, Your exposure was great.

• Olive

Everybody has their own taste in music and no matter what you do or say wont change her taste in music so id just listen to what you like and makes you happy and leave it at that

• Rick B

Don't listen to that music when you are visiting your mom. You are 28, you should not care what your mom thinks and really should not see her very often.

• marty

Ask her what her parents thought about her music. I'm from the same generation as your mom and our music was controversial as well.