Can health care professionals miss type 1 diabetes?

Hi, I’ve not been feeling very well for the past couple of days. I’ve been feeling really tired and lethargic during the day, this is unlike me, I normal have lost of energy, I’ve been drinking more, going to the toilet more and I’ve been eating more. I’ve consulted doctor google and the only thing that seems to... show more Hi, I’ve not been feeling very well for the past couple of days. I’ve been feeling really tired and lethargic during the day, this is unlike me, I normal have lost of energy, I’ve been drinking more, going to the toilet more and I’ve been eating more. I’ve consulted doctor google and the only thing that seems to match my symptoms is type 1 diabetes, my mum took me to the doctor today and they tested my urine for sugar, and this came back normal. They also did a finger prick test and this came back normal. Does anyone know if they could have missed a type 1 diabetes diagnosis? Or this there any other condition, illness, or virus that could mimic the symptoms? If there is anyone that has any ideas what this could be or any experience with a missed diabetes diagnosis, then your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated coz I’m feeling really crappy at the moment.
5 answers 5