Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 9 months ago

Does anyone knows about sudafed or sinecod or aksef? I need help if you know anything about these.?

Would it be deadly to overdose on any of these?

• Jon
    Favorite Answer

What would you like to know? Asking a pharmacist this question is going to get you answers which you might not want.

Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine which acts like a stimulant. It has vasoconstrictive activity, and can increase blood pressure and heart rate. It is FDA approved to treat nasal congestion, and can increase blood sugar levels in diabetics.

I can keep rambling, but if you are more specific then I am going to be able to more easily give you the answer you need.

Source(s): Doctorate degree in pharmacy
    • Jon

Sinecod is a cough suppressant and Aksef is an antibiotic.
      Yes you can overdose on any medication, the Sudafed is a medication which can increase blood pressure and heart rate. Just make sure that you follow the package labeling and take the recommended doses.

I take sudafed to help relieve nasal congestion when I have a cold. I don't experience any obvious/unpleasant side effects.