Should the voting age be lowered to 16?

Nancy Pelosi recently said she favored lowering it to 16.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • humpty
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people are informed enough to vote by then and others are ignorant of the issues at sixty. Perhaps, since they have to live in the world we leave behind us, sixteen year olds might have an opinion that deserves expression, but I am not personally ready to support lowering the voting age.

• 9 months ago

No; that would be foolish. We need informed and seasoned voters; people who have a working knowledge of the history of their districts and state and country. 16 years old is too young for most people.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Absolutely not, and this is coming from a 16 year old. People my age are mostly idiots. If anything it should be raised to 21.

Source(s): 16 year old conservative.
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Oh he77 no. The brain isn't even finished filling in until 25. If anything the age should be raised.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

This is already done for local issues in a few states, and seems to work out fine.

I say include as many as reasonably possible! And 16 year olds understand WAY more than they usually get credit for from what I have noticed!

• Leo
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Others have proposed the same change as well. I'm fine with it staying at 18.

• 9 months ago

When I was 16 I thought so. I would say no. We should put our focus now on making it easier for all adult citizens to vote. We need to get rid of all these roadblocks that were set out upon many of our fellow citizens.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Sure. I have 9 kids who love Trump. I'd like to lower it to 6 years old though.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No. It's fine right where it is, at 18. If you're old enough to join the military, you're old enough to vote.

• mickey
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

no, democrats only want that so liberal teachers can force students to vote democrat

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.