Dual exhaust?

I am thinking about putting a straight pipe dual exhaust on a 1999 Chevy Silverado 2wd how much would you think this would cost and to be honest I can t remember what size of engine is in it but if it is like a v6 engine would it still sound good.

Favorite Answer

It would sound good, but you need to check local regulations to see if it is legal. If it is too loud Mr Plod may also show interest

You would need everything from the head to the rear of the vehicle. To be legal, you would also need to insert 2 catalytic converters, one into each side.

I'm sure it'd sound great, and with the proper tuning (MAF sensor, intake, timing, etc...) you'd probably even boost your HP/torque.

However, the cost for doing it right would probably be prohibitive for a 1999 C1500. With headers, cats, mufflers, pipes, tuning, etc., I'd bet you'd be over $3k.

• ?9 months agoReport

Took it to a local place that specializes in exhaust and it cost $450

You can make just as much noise with a single exhaust straight pipe and save a bunch of money, which you'll need when you get the police citation and need to go back to the muffler shop.

Straight piping is illegal. Period. End of argument.

• Bill

waste of money and energy

sound would attract the attention of the cops and performance and economy would suffer