Can someone explain this to me?

So my younger brother is 18 and he's a senior. He's graduating this year. I met a new friend who's 18. She graduated from high school last year and she's a freshman in college. We both go to the same college. I'm 20 by the way. So they're both born in 2000. She was born in January and my brother was born in July same year. How come they didn't graduate in the same year? I'm sorry if this sounds really stupid.

• Eva
    Favorite Answer

She qualified to go to school a year earlier than he did by virtue of being born early in the year.

• drip

It could depend on when they started kindergarten.

Maybe she skipped a grade.

So she turned 18 in January and your brother will turn 19 in July?

She must have skipped a grade or your brother must have been held back

Or she could have started school early (like at age 4) and your brother may have started late (age 6)

• Sansa10 months agoReport

Oh sorry my friend turned 19 in January and my brother is turning 19 in July

Some kids have to repeat one or more grades in school. Jodi Arias, to name one. Some kids are sick for a year, with things like mono, and miss a lot of class time. Bottom line - it is NONE of your business. You could use a few extra brain cells from some source.