The meteor is huge, & no question it will hit earth in 6 weeks-what will you be doing til then?

• Fred
    Favorite Answer

You are correct there are several large asteroids in our solar system. They are all in stable elliptic orbits. As an armature astronomer one of my goals it to chart (they are very visually small and require movement charting to verify identity) confirming ID two of the larger three.

Where have you found this danger approaching at "6 weeks" ?

Until you provide more supporting information of an impending asteroid strike; I'm worrying about the more statistically hazardous things in my life, such as distracted vehicle drivers with cell phones glued to their ears, wearing my seat belt, and eating less red meat and more vegetables, etc..

So if you can prove to me that we are all doomed in 6 weeks. I'll have to advance spotting and confirmation of asteroid Ceres,Vesta and perhaps even Hygiea and cross that off my 'bucket list' in the remaining 6 weeks.

the usual, shooting looters who try to break in the house,on boom day, maybe the night before,find me a sony walkman,,the lil yellow w blue ltrs on the front,amfm & cassette,,find a tall skyscraper,bring a colt 1911 with e merc tipped 45 bullet or 2 , bring a couple power drinks,ten xanax,put beethovens last ( by solti w chicago SO)

,turn it up & wait for the flash across the sky.

keep doing what I'm doing - but with a smile on my face? If the worlds going to end soon then I'm basically going to college free of charge, I don't have to worry about living the rest of my life in debt to the education system.

• Cowboy

Actually.....no...

Ignoring idiotic statements like this.

• Manuel11 months agoReport

Mary, perhaps if the originator had clarified the original question it may have helped and no, theoretical is not too difficult for me. Ciao!

• Paula

Such is life.

I'm planning to go on YAnswers every day.

Every day up to and including New Years Day.

Actually, my next door neighbor has a baseball bat. He said he will bat it back to where it came from.

No problem

• Clive

Spending my savings and having fun. Might as well, as there's nothing anyone can do about this.

Going to another planet.

Having a Party and getting Laid

Source(s): Just the usual really

according to spaceweather it will miss by a bit over 180,000 miles, so no question indeed

Defending my stockpile from looters.