Are VCRs and VHS still a thing now in the 2010's?

Hi. I am just a little curious about this. Between the 1970's and the 1990's VCRs and CHS were in far more popular use. Last time I ever heard of VCRs and VHS still being used was in the early 2000's. They were still being used around this time when DVRs and DVDs and Blue Ray were introduced. Of... show more Hi. I am just a little curious about this.

Between the 1970's and the 1990's VCRs and CHS were in far more popular use.

Last time I ever heard of VCRs and VHS still being used was in the early 2000's. They were still being used around this time when DVRs and DVDs and Blue Ray were introduced.

Of course, VHS and VCRs have fallen out of popular use since DVRs, DVDs and Blue Ray were introduced, but just because something falls out of popular use doesn't mean it's not being used.

You can still purchase VCRs and VHS from online retailers like Amazon or online auction sites like Ebay.

Do video stores still carry VHS tapes to rent? I know a while ago some commercial store was carry blank VHS tapes for sale.

How many Americans, aside from myself, still have VCRs and VHS tapes? I am wondering if any facilities still use VCRs and VHS tapes, and I am wondering what they are using them for.

When I was in at school, I was learning how to produce traditional animation, but we shot our stuff with a film camera and saved our recordings to VHS tapes. This was about 2 decades ago.

Please help- thank you.
Update: I know a while ago some commercial store was carrying blank VHS tapes for sale. - FIXED.
Update 2: Between the 1970's and the 1990's VCRs and VHS were in far more popular use. - FIXED.